Thursday, June 23, 2011

old rickety treasures

Somewhere along the way I became obsessed with going to the thrift store. Living in LA there's a large abundance of shops to choose from. The one place I visit almost every other day is the Salvation Army. While most people go for the clothes I go for furniture & other decor goods. I'm fortunate enough to work near a Salvation Army Antique shop, which is exactly what it sounds like all the old rickety good stuff is usually ends up here. While the rest of the shop doesn't really seem "antique" some of the furniture certainly is. This past Friday I was lucky enough to to able stop by in the afternoon. This little treasure was hidden in the corner under some frames, originally $49.50.... but it was 50% OFF that day! Which made it $24.25 of course I had to have it. I thought my partner was going to kill me when he found out I bought another project piece. To my surpise he was impressed with my find and can't wait to work on it too.

Look at the details on the leg and the bottom of the chest. It's cute as is, but it doesn't really match my home. Now I'm trying to figure out what to color to paint it. We're changing the knobs for sure though.


Here's a project that we're working on right now. This is our tester chair so we're trying out different techniques/ colors/ fabrics. The chair was dirt cheap if we mess up, no biggy.